We will be the first to acknowledge that we’re very pleased with our hometown school and also have strong regional pride within our Flying Dutchmen! Hope College is a renowned Faculties national liberal arts school that efficiently combines academic excellence with a lively Christian religion. The inviting and welcoming neighborhood attracts students not only from all around the nation, but from all around the world. Hope pupils decide to study overseas in over 200 applications in over 60 nations. Over 1,800 internships can be found locally, in addition to off-campus facilities in Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Washington, DC, and other places. Inspired by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for projects which engage pupils with communities at home and overseas, Hope College encourages and shapes its pupils to reside exemplarary lives of leadership and assistance.
Hope is pleased to possess the following distinctions:
● Named a”2018 Hidden Gem” by College Raptor, and also the”Number One Hidden Gem School at the State of Michigan.”
● One of six national liberal arts schools identified as”Up-and-Comers,” associations in 2013 U.S. News & World Report College Guide.
● Among a select group of colleges and universities nationally listed in the publication”Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About College” (2012 variant ).
● The sole real, liberal arts school to have national certification in art, dance, music and theatre.
● Consistently awarded more National Science Foundation grants for undergraduate research than any other liberal arts college in the country.
● Credit Hope with supplying students”strong academic applications, the personal attention possible only at a little school, and a warm social atmosphere, all organized around a core of Christian values.”
Regardless of the season, Holland supplies the ideal landscape for outdoor enthusiasts! Known for the beautiful beaches and lakes, Holland’s shore is equally as amazing during the wintertime. With more than 8 miles of mountain biking and fat-tire biking and trekking at Riley paths, the dune climb around Mt. Pisgah, and the wooded hiking trails at Sanctuary Woods, there’s truly something for everybody.Holland Michigan College
When you see Holland for an overnight escape, start off your morning by Researching the two miles of wealthy wooded dune paths and high bluffs which Mt. Pisgah provides, together with stunning snowy views of the shore and also our lighthouse,”Big Red.” If you would like to try out a couple of different outside activities in 1 place, visit Pigeon Creek; a neighborhood park that provides miles of trails for snowshoeing, sledding, and subtropical ski with lighted and groomed trails for both skate and traditional skiing. And no worries if you do not own your own equipment,Holland Michigan College
Pigeon Creek provides ski and snowshoe rentals making it effortless for you to get outside to reach the trails. If you become chilled or will need to have a rest, stop into Pigeon Creek’s heating where you can find a cup of cocoa and enjoy a couple snacks to refuel as you warm up.Holland Michigan College
Cross-country skiing can be permitted, so in the event that you venture out there to increase or snowshoe please be conscious of the ski trails.